Monday, June 29, 2009

Belated Father's Day Getaway

I had planned a special Father's Day for Mikey, but he was so dead after staying awake for 24 hours to DJ the American Cancer Society's Relay for Life, followed by DJ'ing a wedding with no sleep, that we postponed it until yesterday. I took him to a great place to fly fish that I had heard about from a local old-timer. We went along Weminuche Creek, near a wilderness area. We hiked in a little more than 2 miles and I took this picture of Mikey & Dude along the way....While Mikey was fishing, Dude and I took a long exploratory hike along the Creek. During the hike, I stopped to look around and Dude came back to check on me when I snapped this picture of him looking cute...
After our hike, Dude and I rejoined Mikey, who was having a great time and had caught and released over a dozen fish in a couple of hours with his fly rod...
On our way back out to the truck, I was awestruck by the beautiful view and took this picture of Mikey hiking out with the mountains in the background...
We both had a great day, as you can tell from Mikey's expression of his "appreciation" below...

6 comments:

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

Wow! Looks like a great day! Glad to see Mikey being so expressive! It wouldn't have been a complete day without it!

Shea said...

I love the second to the last picture..like you said. Amazing and beautiful! How much fun! I didn't know that Mike fly fished. Glad you two have a wonderful day! You both deserve it!!

M and M said...

It was AWESOME! Not another sole around. Never saw anyone else the whole time! Very secluded out of the way place. I had a blast, it was a GREAT Day!

I have fly fished for a long time. I used to tie my own flies :)

MeMe in Paradise! said...

caught and released over a dozen huh? hmmmmmmmmmmmmm and no one there to witness huh? hmmmmmmmmmm sounds like a true fish story to me.

L2U both
MeMe

Tiffany said...

What a great day indeed. You live in such a beautiful place.

M and M said...

Karen, it was interesting that he said one was REALLY big ;-) Muriel