Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Amazing Race Phil Keoghan's Ride Across America

Yesterday Muriel and I went down to the town park in support of Phil Keoghan's Ride Across America. Pagosa is one of the stops on his cross country ride from Los Angeles to New York to raise awareness and funds for the National Multiple Sclerosis Society. We missed his entry the previous day into town, due to some misinformation on arrival time. There was supposed to be a segment on the CBS Early Show yesterday from Pagosa, but haven’t seen it online. Check out his video blog at http://www.philridesacrossamerica.com/daily_blog.html for an entry from Pagosa. Looks like he is a few days behind on posting, so keep checking, you may see us. Also, Check out some of the twists the town did to Phil along the lines of the Amazing Race, pretty Cool!
http://pagosa.com/artman/publish/article_4982.shtml
http://pagosa.com/artman/publish/article_4983.shtml

Below are some pictures and a short video from yesterday’s gathering.


Picture of Phil coming off the new bridge over the San Juan which was just put in the day before and dedicated when Phil was there.








Phil enjoying a free Pancake Breakfast donated by the Pagosa Springs Kiwanis club



Phil's wife on the ride out of town on their way to Wlof Creek pass



Short Video showing some of the mornings highlights

6 comments:

mode36 said...

Looks like it was a great time.  I really wish we could have been there to see him!

I can't believe you weren't willing to ride out of town with him, or at least drive up to Wolf Creek pass to film the heart attack that anyone crazy enough to ride up there would undoubtedly have!  :)

M and M said...

Haven't been on my street bike since we moved to Pagosa. Probably needs a good tuneup before I ride. They would have left me in the dust, if I were on my mountain bike ;-)

Shea said...

Awesome! Thank you for posting these pictures. I am with Tony..I wish we could have been there!

Tiffany said...

That is so amazing. I wish I could have been there too, but then again, maybe not. I am such a huge Phil fan that I probably would have embarrassed myself terribly.

I think what Pagosa Springs did was so awesome. What a great community. I love it. I also can't wait to tell Trent that he relaxed in the hot springs. Trent loves that place.

M and M said...

The Springs Resort has expanded. They are building a whole new building next door on the river and adding new pools there as well. They may be done when you visit this summer :)

Shannon, Ray and Hayden said...

Very cool! Pagosa is such an awesome little community. That is great that Phil stopped by there! I can't even imagine biking up Wolf Creek Pass - it is hard enough just to drive it! hahaha